Christmas is just around the corner, and if you're like me, you're probably scrambling to get all your shopping done. But don't forget about the wrapping! A beautifully wrapped gift can be just as important as what's inside. Here are my top tips for making your presents look extra special this holiday season.
Disclaimer: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. We are also an Affiliate for other Companies and may earn a commission for purchases made thru some of our links.
How to Tie a Christmas Bow
Tying a bow is the perfect way to add a finishing touch to any Christmas present. It's also a great way to make use of any extra ribbon you have lying around. Here's a step-by-step guide to tying the perfect Christmas bow.
- Start with a long length of ribbon. The longer the better, as you can always trim it down to size later.
- Make a loop with one end of the ribbon, and then cross it over the center to form another loop on the other side.
- Take the top loop and pull it over the center, then tuck it underneath the bottom loop.
- Pull both loops tight so that they're close together in the center. This will form the bow's "knot.
- To finish, make two small loops with the remaining ends of the ribbon and tuck them under the center of the bow. Trim off any excess ribbon, and you're done!
How to Wrap a Christmas Gift in Cellophane
it's a great way to use up those leftover rolls of cellophane from last year! Here's a step-by-step guide on how to wrap a gift in cellophane.
- Start by measuring the amount of cellophane you will need to wrap your gift. You will need enough cellophane to cover the entire gift, plus about 2-3 inches on each side. Cut the cellophane to size using scissors.
- Place the cellophane on a flat surface. Center your gift on top of the cellophane.
- Pick up one side of the cellophane and begin folding it over the top of the gift, securing it with tape as you go. Repeat with the other side of the cellophane.
- Fold the ends of the cellophane over the top of the gift and secure with tape. Trim off any excess cellophane using scissors.
How to Wrap a Christmas Gift with Ribbon
you've probably wrapped a few gifts already and are now realizing that your skills are seriously lacking. Never fear! I'm here to help. With just a few tips, you can take your gift-wrapping game up a notch and have your friends and family oohing and ahhing over your festive handiwork.
Choose the Right Ribbon
The first step in wrapping a gift with ribbon is to choose the right type of ribbon. There are so many different types and colors of ribbon available that it can be overwhelming trying to decide which one to use. My general rule of thumb is to choose a ribbon that coordinates with the wrapping paper you've selected. If you're using a patterned paper, look for a solid-colored ribbon. If you're using solid-colored paper, then you have a little more leeway in terms of choosing a patterned or textured ribbon. Once you've selected the perfect ribbon, it's time to get started!
Cut a Length of Ribbon
Now that you've chosen the perfect ribbon, it's time to cut a length off of the spool. How long should the piece of ribbon be? That depends on how big the gift is and how much Ribbon you want to use. A good rule of thumb is to cut the Ribbon so that it's twice as long as the width of the gift. So, if your gift is 10 inches wide, then you would want to cut a 20-inch piece of Ribbon.
Start at the Top
Once you've cut your piece of Ribbon, it's time to start wrapping! Begin at the top of the gift, making sure that there is enough Ribbon to go around the entire circumference of the box. Center the Ribbon on top of the box and begin wrapping it around, securing it in place with double-sided tape or hot glue as you go. Continue wrapping until you reach the end of the Ribbon, then trim off any excess.
Make a Bow
The final step in wrapping your gift with Ribbon is to make a bow! This is where things can get a little tricky. There are lots of different ways to tie a bow, but my personal favorite is the double loop method. To do this, simply make two loops with your Ribbon and cross them in the middle before pulling tight. You can adjust the loops to make them longer or shorter, depending on how full or sparse you want your bow to be. And that's it! You're now an expert at wrapping gifts with Ribbon. Happy holidays!
How to Wrap a Christmas Gift with Tulle
Tulle is a light, airy fabric that is often used for making veils, tutus, and wedding gowns. It's also an excellent material for wrapping gifts! Tulle is easy to work with and can be found in a variety of colors, so you can create the perfect look for your gift. Here's a step-by-step guide for how to wrap a Christmas gift with tulle.
- Start by measuring the tulle to fit around the gift. You will need two pieces of tulle, one for the top and one for the bottom. Make sure to leave enough tulle at the top so that you can tie it off into a bow.
- Next, cut a piece of ribbon to fit around the middle of the gift. You will use this to secure the tulle in place.
- Place the ribbon around the middle of the gift and tie it off into a bow.
- Take one piece of tulle and place it over the top of the gift, making sure that the ribbon is in between the two pieces of tulle. Tie off the tulle into a bow at the top of the gift. Repeat with the other piece of tulle on the bottom of the gift.
Wrapping a gift is one of the best parts of Christmas, but it can also be really frustrating. If you’re struggling to wrap your gifts like a pro, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. Check out our step-by-step guide on how to wrap a present like a champ and make your friends and family very impressed this holiday season. Have any tips that worked for you?
Let us know in the comments!
Happy Holidays to You!